1. The jury will assess, classify and hierarchically organize the Proposal according to the following criteria:
1) Evaluation of all proposals according to the three basic criteria (A, B) of paragraph 4 of this article.
2) Choice of those proposals, which are corresponded to the three basic criteria.
3) Further evaluation of these proposals based on the listed sub-criteria.
The final ranking of tenderers proposals is at the discretion of the committee.
2. The assessment ratio of Museum to Surrounding Area will be valued at 60% to 40% respectively.
3. The detailed criteria with their sub-criteria are as follows:
Α. Regarding the Museum:
1. The architectural approach and conceptual idea (valued at 35%)
1.1 The vision of the museum as a dynamic and attractive environment for the contemporary visitor. The aesthetic and with quality respond in project requirements.
1.2 The architectural concept of the inside space and the successful use of the cells, with originality and skill, in the architectural choices.
1.3 The development- negotiation of the building envelope regarding the relationship of the current industrial morphology with the unique character of the Museum.
1.4 The development of the surrounding site of the building and especially the part that connects directly and organically with the function of the Museum.
2. The location of the functional theme axes of the program and the imaginative way of handling the existing equipment and especial that of the cells. (εκτ. 35%)
2.1 The response to the functional requirements of the Building Program and its corresponding location.
2.2 The implementation and, in an imaginative way, the development of six thematic axes of Museological Preliminary Study in architectural proposal.
2.3 The creative relationship visitors- exhibits with flexible, alternative and combinatorial paths
2.4 The use of the developed technology with imaginative and realistic way for the better highlighting and promotion of the content, history, goals and profile of the Museum.
3. Feasibility of the proposal. (εκτ. 30%).
3.1 The integration of the proposed interventions in the static structure of the building.
3.2 The use of innovative, imaginative, qualitative, and with little requirements for maintenance, materials.
3.3 The imaginative use of new and friendly energy saving methods and the successful incorporation into proposed construction methods.
3.4 The indicative budget for the construction of the proposal.
Β. Regarding Public Surrounding Area.
1. The architectural approach and conceptual idea (Valued at 40%).
1.1 The identity, originality and specificity of the proposed shaping of the architectural landscape of common space.
1.2 Open and interactive relationship between space and the sea front with the city and surrounding neighborhoods. Visual and functional link with the urban fabric and the wider coastal zone.
1.3 The creation of spaces that surround and complete with corresponding quality the building complex of the Museum and other cultural functions.
2. Position of Functions (Valued at 30%).
2.1 Integration of the sea front in the free outdoor space.
2.2 Creating different scale open spaces, with a distinct identity, for concentration of people. (squares, sitting areas, shading spaces).
2.3 Developing quality spaces for entertainment with succesful interactions, for all ages. (Café, bars, restaurants etc.).
Organization of network of pedestrian routes, cycle paths, accesses, horizontal and vertical communications.
Creation of identifiable accessibility for better integration, enhancement and support of new function of existing buildings facilities on the study area.
Pedestrian Access from the city.
Specific design to accommodate disable people.
2.4 Access of vehicles for special situations. (Support, fire tender, ambulance) Parking Spaces.
2.5 Successful correlation of paved surfaces, high and low planting and water elements surfaces.
3. Feasibility of the design (Valued at 30%).
3.1 Selection of new imaginative, qualitative and low cost maintenance, hard surfaces.
3.2 Utilization of climatic conditions and adaptation of innovative measures and methods, integrated in landscape architecture, for energy management space.
3.3 Indicative budget of financial impact of the Proposal.